5 steps to implement campaigns with the predictive dialer
Until lately, one of the biggest problems of a call center was the huge idle time of the attendants and the time spent on parallel tasks, such as searching for the contact, dialing and waiting for an answer. Running a sales or collection campaign required a lot of effort, with large teams and longer execution time.
The problem diminished with the advancement of automatic dialer technology, which automatically places calls when there are free operators and passes them on to the operator when they are successfully completed.
However, further advances have come with modern predictive dialers, which use an advanced algorithm that can predict when an operator will be available to place the next call, thus determining the best time to start dialing the next call.
How it works
The algorithm takes into account different data, such as the average length of a call, the average time it takes to answer a call and the number of attendants working at that time.
By cross-referencing the data, the system predicts how much time is left until the current call ends and starts dialing the next call. Thus, even before the agent hangs up, a new call is already in progress, generating a reduction in idle time between calls.
The technology also enables systems to automatically detect disconnected, busy, mailbox-answered or blocked numbers. The cleanliness of the contact base is directly reflected in the success of the campaign.
How to implement it in 5 steps
- To start a campaign, you must first provide the contact list to work with and import it into the predictive dialer automation platform. In Olos, our platform has functions to automatically import a TXT base file to the SQL base and a function that allows you to start working even before finishing the import of the entire base. At this point, agility is important when launching a campaign.
- Next step: the strategy has to be designed in the platform, determining which fields of the list will be used, such as the telephone number, for example. In the Olos predictive dialing platform, it is also possible to set up automatic callbacks, giving them different priorities and a differentiated treatment for fixed and mobile attempts.
- Set up a campaign, taking into account the time of day and days of the week. The automation should include the use of a call history to predict the best time to call a certain person, with a better performance of the base, and a lower telephone cost.
- Start using predictive dialer, do KPI management and tracking.
- Check campaign statistics and make the necessary adjustments. Count on real-time reporting capabilities to improve efficiency and increase ROI.
- Increased productivity and reduced operator downtime.
- Automated processes that accelerate campaign planning and execution time.
- Increased effective contact rates.
- Constant monitoring of processes, allowing for process improvement.
Less waiting time, more talk time
The global predictive dialer software market size has been valued at $1.03 billion in 2020 by GVR – Grand View Research* and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 37% from 2021 to 2028.
The advancement of this market comes as the preference for contact center to connect with customers in real time intensifies. There is also cost reduction, increased productivity and better performance of the campaigns conducted.
With predictive dialer, the waiting time is reduced so that operators have more time to talk. They can then focus on the conversation, without rushing, expanding opportunities for sales conversion, collections, debt renegotiation, customer relations, etc.
Olos Predictive Dialer is the most awarded in Brazil
Olos has the most awarded predictive dialer in Brazil and since 2017 has won five awards in the category as the best in Brazil. This is one of the solutions offered by Olos Tecnologia that most delights customers, for its ability to streamline the performance of activities, in promoting cost reduction and increasing the performance of the operation.
Source: Predictive Dialer Software Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component (Software, Services), By Deployment, By Enterprise Size, By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028. https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/predictive-dialer-software-market